MARINERS • YACHT CREW
Whilst many more vessels are providing their crew with medical insurance, cover is often provided for accidents and illness that occur whilst on boat business only, or is work related.
What about coverage when you are ashore on your own time, off-duty, on vacation or between jobs? Health cover is needed 24/7 365 days of the year! Having gaps in your cover can leave you with expenses that can be devastating to you or your family.
Non-marine benefit plans and home country domestic plans may not be adequate for the international lifestyle of yacht crew. Many US corporations who add their crew on the US domestic company plan may not be aware that this may not cover them outside of the US.
GeoBlue (previously HTH Worldwide) is dedicated to helping crew members and expatriates identify, access and pay for quality healthcare, all around the world. GeoBlue offers comprehensive plans to fit the specific needs of crew.
*Please Note: if a plan is indicated as "not available" please contact email@example.com as the plan will be available under the HTH brand and can be quoted.
Crew Plan: Quote and Apply
- Unlimited Policy Maximum
- Includes US coverage
- Includes $50,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Emergency Medevac & Repatriation
- Utilize the AETNA or Blue Cross Blue Shield Network (depends on your state of residence)
- Amateur sailboat racing included in coverage
- Maternity cover offered (after 12 months) up to policy maximum
- Access an elite network of physicians and hospitals in 180 countries who bill directly to GeoBlue
- No deductible or wait periods for doctor visits or Wellness exams
- 24 hour assistance
View all GeoBlue Plans: Expatriates, Travel, Marine, Student
View videos and learn more about GeoBlue
HealthCare Reform (A.C.A) compliant international group plan
- Filed and admitted in USA (recognized as creditable cover by US other insurers)
- No medical history required
- Unlimited Lifetime maximum
- Worldwide cover for any nationality
- US and foreign flagged vessels
- Dependents may be added worldwide
- No wait periods for annual physical and Wellness
- Utilizes BCBS network in USA
RESIDE BLUE INDIVIDUAL INTERNATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE
- Worldwide Lifetime cover of $5,000,000 to mariners - accidents and illness, 24/7 (including home country) on and off a vessel, on vacation or between boats.
- No more than 180 days permitted in U.S. during any 364 day period.
- US citizens must be outside USA when applying or planning to leave within 30 days.
- Includes Emergency Medevac & Repatriation and has a $10,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit.
- Primary to a vessel's crew accident P&I policy
- Portable from boat to boat.
- Optional Hazardous sports rider for hang gliding, kite surfing, white water rafting, snowmobiling, parachuting, bungee jumping or mountaineering.
- Optional Hospital Indemnity, Routine Dental and additional Accidental Death & Dismemberment.
- Maternity cover option at initial purchase ($7,500 per pregnancy.) Wait period of 364 days before benefit begins.
- Preventive benefits (Wellness exam) after 180 days (up to $250.)
- Utilizes the Multiplan network
One can exclude the USA/Canada. If you will be in the Caribbean cover in the USA is highly recommended as Emergency airlifts are generally taken to FL.
Monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annual payments. The link will calculate this for you.
Pre-existing conditions may be ridered out (excluded.)
LEARN MORE review the brochure, generate a quote and apply directly online.
Get a Quote and Apply
RESIDE BLUE GROUP INSURANCE
- Minimum of 3 crew required, any nationality
- Worldwide Protection (USA may be excluded) 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, on and off the vessel
- $5,000,000 Lifetime cover
- Deductible choice of $0 -$25,000
- After deductible 100% paid outside USA and in US network
- Primary to the vessel's P&I cover
- Emergency airlift and Repatriation (mortal remains) included
- Non US resident dependents may be covered
- Preventive benefits after 12 months
- $10,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment include (may be increased)
- Optional Continuation of Cover 9crewmwmber can keep the plan for 6 months after leaving the group
To request a quote - fill out the interactive form, save and send to Seven Seas Health as an email attachment or Fax.
No more then 180 days permitted in USA in 364 day period. Please send a crew list along with a Request for Proposal to obtain a quote.
Request a Quote Form Download a Brochure
International renewable major medical insurance underwritten by Lloyd's London and administered by Azimuth Risk Solutions Inc. offers a strong combination of protection and value.
Two options are available: worldwide coverage or worldwide excluding U.S. and Canada. Meridian Basic defines the levels of coverage while Meridian Enhanced provides top-tier international insurance protection. Both allow treatment with any doctor or hospital of your choice.
- Azimuth is focused on our corporate mission: to provide the best value insure plans available in the international health and travel medical insurance market
- This is good, but it's not enough.. We believe the only way for the offering to be complete is for Azimuth to do so guided by core values; what we term our 5 'Es' of our company:
- Make it Easy to Understand
- Make it Easy to Obtain
- Make it Easy to Use
- Provide it with Service Excellence
- Uncompromising Ethical Standards
MERIDIAN BASIC and ENHANCED; MERIDIAN CLEAR —
Annually renewable international plans for any nationality.
BEACON TRAVEL for shorter trips.
Meridean Basic or Enhanced Quote En Espanol
Meridean Clear QuoteEn Espanol